Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Why do I do it?

Someone asked me yesterday how I found the time to do the calendar and other fundraising events I partake in. Got me thinking really so I thought I'd put a little blurb on here about my thoughts on why:

I don't know where I find the time to do what I do, but I do! I get more satisfaction out of doing the charity work than I do anything else - the ironing pile will tell you many stories! It gives me something to keep me focused and I do enjoy doing the calendar (despite the difficulties which arose this year in the beginning) - I just love the comments it generates. Can't beat making people happy and the children love seeing themselves on something they can show off - it also makes them realise that they aren't on their own - it's something they can do together - to be together - without being treated differently. CF is a hateful and dreadful disease. People with Cystic Fibrosis are not able to meet due to fear of cross-infection, so bringing together 111 people with Cystic Fibrosis in one place on one calendar just show's little people with CF they are not on their own.

The calendar always generates lovely comments and I think I'll start putting some on this Blog this year if people don't mind. I won't put full names, just "Mrs B" or "Mr A".

Please keep spreading the word about CFun and if anyone would like to help with the publicity side, I have a press release here prepared by Gemma Foy, Publicity Officer from the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.

No comments: