Thursday, June 26, 2008

FOUR MORE TO GO!

Only 4 more pictures to go to initial target of 120 - 10 per page. Already smashed last year's target - there was 9 per page last year, but I think the "theme" restricted a few from sending pictures under the "CFun" title last year. As the deadline is still another 4 weeks away I'm sure we will have to seriously re-think this year's layout and after an e-mail to the Designer he has advised we can go to 12 per page next - next target 144!

I've become a bit obsessed this week with nagging for pictures, but they have certainly come in fast! I'll stop nagging once I get to 120! Any over 120 is a massive bonus as far as I am concerned.

Rang for another quote for the printing of the Calendars today with the original printer of the first 2 year's to see if they can better Colorsteams, but I really don't think they will. Snap Plc is very handy for me collecting calendars as soon as a batch are ready, but Colorsteam are cheaper.

The cover of the Calendar will be ready before the inside this year so we can start advertising it under the "Coming Soon" banner - a little teaser for folks waiting to get their eager hands on it!! I have a few idea's to make it bigger this year and hopefully the best yet.

Each year it has to have "something" to make it that bit extra and I think I've added that and am sure many can guess what that "something" is now! The reason it always has to be better is because each year I'm afraid that it will be my last - I can't keep doing it forever and know that Badger* is not 100% well and he also won't beable to keep doing it. I would find it difficult to start all over with anyone else because he has such good idea's, is easy to work with and anything I suggest goes! Good team work = excellent results!!!

* Badger, for anyone who does not know, is an adult male with Cystic Fibrosis.
He is 54 year's old and he prefer's to remain anonymous.

No comments: